Tuesday 28 June 2011

5. Learn to Let go.

I am learning this sooner than I could have hoped to. Unfortunately shit does happen. I recently  broke up with my long time girlfriend of 5 months. That's a long time after not dating for about year or 3 and half. Three of those months we spent apart. She's in Kenya and I SA. Long Distance, the relationship killer! Some refer to it as the O.R Tambo phenomenon; once either partner gets to the airport the relationship is terminated. What were we thinking??!  We were young and in-Love (replace with dumb) and determined to make it work. I blame it on youth and naivety maybe infatuation even and the dumbness!! When we were together it was as great as any long distance relationship could be.

The break up was okay at first. No blood. No guts. It was all mature and understanding. We still talked after we broke up. That was all we had to begin with and that was all we had in the end. Eventually our conversations dried up into callous fights. It was all down hill from there. I'm not sure how fast the bridge between us is burning. I'm scared that I dont mind that it is.

Leting go is a strange thing. esspecially when you are not ready to do it. To ignore the fondest memories. To
forget familiar smells, to have no one to share deepest thoughts...

Learning to let go is harder for some than it is for others. Im still taking classes.

1 comment: